#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

The Walrus, Wood Fires, Etc.

Saturday, May 29, 2004
One of the things I've had time to do during my couple of days up north is to read some of the issues of The Walrus that have been languishing unread in a corner of my office since the magazine launched back in October. (I felt a need to support a magazine that pays its writers well -- something around $2 Cdn/word, reportedly, which makes it one of the best if not the best paying Canadian periodical market.) Anyway, I've really enjoyed sitting by the fire (it's been cold -- 10C or 50F most mornings and evenings) and plunging into all those back issues.

Anyway, while I was reading all those back issues, I came across this one article on punctuation that talks more about the Eats, Shoots and Leaves book. The article is also available on the magazine's website, so check it out if you want to find out more about the book and the author's one-woman crusade to rid the world of grammatical sins. (I love people who are on missions!)

| posted by Ann D @ 11:16 AM