#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Book Expo Canada

Monday, June 14, 2004
I spent the day at Book Expo Canada -- the Canadian publishing industry's combination trade fair and love-in. Every year I hope like heck that one of my publishers will invite me to do an author event at one of their booths so that I can experience the thrill of signing and giving away copies of my books to the truly hardcore book lovers who come to this annual event -- incurable types like me!

Every once in a while, you hear about some author who hates signing books. I just don't get it. To me, it's one of the biggest thrills of being an author: getting to write a personal message in your book to the person who is going to read it. What could be cooler than that?

You also get to hear the most amazing things about your books. Today, for example, I heard about two women who each got pregnant within one week after picking up signed copies of The Mother of All Pregnancy Books at last year's Book Expo Canada event. Maybe that's why Wiley decided to hand out copies of The Mother of All Baby Books and The Mother of All Toddler Books this year -- possible concerns about being hit with third-party paternity lawsuits! :-)

| posted by Ann D @ 11:34 PM