#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Buffet-Style Blogging

Friday, June 25, 2004
I just came across a very old entry in Mom and Pop Culture that has some very interesting things to say about the personalities that come through in a blog. This has got me thinking a lot about my own blog -- specifically whether I confuse my readers with the eclectic assortment of goodies I tend to serve up. I mean, one minute I'm presenting statistics and factoids galore and the next minute I'm rambling on about my current projects, my angst du jour, etc. So I'd like to pose this question to the universe: is it okay to take a buffet approach to blogging -- to serve up a little bit of this and a little bit of that? Or is it best to serve up the same predictable meatloaf or chicken casserole day after day? Any thoughts?

| posted by Ann D @ 9:35 PM