#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

"Deep River" Days

Wednesday, June 09, 2004
I also heard this week from someone who knew me back in the late 1980s (1986-88, to be specific) when I was living in Deep River, Ontario -- a beautiful little town on the Ottawa River. Neil and I were newlyweds. He was working at the nuclear demonstration plant (NPD) and I was writing for the local newspaper and working as a billing clerk for the local hydro utility. We bought our first house in Deep River -- for $40,000! (Yes, real estate prices were very attractive in Deep River.)

We also managed to conceive our first child in Deep River -- a child who is now old enough to surf the Internet. (This is what you get for reading Mommy's blog, Baby Number 1!) :-)

Anyway, it was fun remembering my Deep River days.

| posted by Ann D @ 8:24 AM