#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Fun With Sidebars!

Monday, June 28, 2004
I've added all kinds of new material to the sidebar of this blog:

  • copies of all my various pregnancy and parenting tip sheets (they're in .pdf format, so you have to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to be able to read them)

  • the beginning of a list of "Motherhood Essentials" that I intend to add to over time

  • a list of the books I enjoyed most when I was a kid (some of these books are hilariously dated now, as you'll see if you click through and read the descriptions at Amazon.com)

  • a list of the books I'm reading right now (yes, I always seem to end up reading about five books simultaneously: it's just the way things work out in my reading life)

  • a list of books that have made a serious difference in my life over the years (when I have a bit more time, I'll blog about the reasons why I included each of these books)

  • a list of my current musical obsessions

  • links to the websites of some artists whose work I totally adore (again I'll be expanding this category over time.


Those of you who have read my books know that I am addicted to sidebars. In fact, I think that 26 out of my 27 books have had sidebars. In honour of Canada Day and the launch of my newly expanded sidebar content, I'm going to offer a free autographed copy of my book Canuck Chicks and Maple Leaf Mamas to the first reader of this blog who can correctly identify the one book I've written that doesn't have sidebars. On your mark, get set, go!

| posted by Ann D @ 1:31 PM