#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

I'm on Insect Watch

Monday, July 19, 2004
Last night the barbecue packed it in, too.

If I see the locusts coming down my street, this will all make sense.

My computer is back in the shop for yet another day of repair fun -- the seventh since late May. Hope that works out because I don't know how many more days I can tread water without my computer. It's hard to be productive when everything you need to do your job is across town. It's frustrating because the computer is less than a year old and I bought the top of the line model -- an Apple Powerbook G4 17" -- because I wanted the ultimate in reliability. I've had really good luck with Apple computers up until now -- I wrote 14 books on my previous Apple -- but I'm starting to wonder if this one is a Lemon rather than an Apple. I've been reading some scary posts from other Apple owners whose computers have overheated (the keys on one guys' computer actually melted!) and I'm kind of freaking out.

| posted by Ann D @ 12:27 PM