#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Bullying Article in Today's Toronto Sun

Sunday, October 03, 2004
I am quoted in an article about bullying in today's Toronto Sun.

If you read the article, you will see that I am quite passionate about this subject. This is because I was on the receiving end of a lot of bullying during my own growing up years, and because I have witnessed the effects of bullying on two of my kids.

What I really hate is when adults fail to take bullying seriously, viewing it as some sort of childhood rite of passage. Bullying can make a child's life sheer hell. As the grownups in their lives, we owe it to them to do whatever we can to deal with the problem decisively. We can't afford to be wishy-washy when it comes to bullying. Our kids' physical and emotional well-being is at stake.

| posted by Ann D @ 5:13 PM