#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Postcard from Windsor

Tuesday, October 26, 2004
Just a quick postcard from Windsor, where I've been in town to do a fundraiser on behalf of the Teen Health Centre. I had the privilege of sharing the stage with the truly inspiring Barbara Coloroso, who talked about bullying, her forthcoming book on raising ethical kids, and a smorgasbord of other important parenting topics. During my hour on stage, I talked about the seven secrets of calm and confident parents. We had a huge turnout for the event, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves tremendously.

I also managed to squeeze in lunch with Shelley, who looked anything but Xhausted, despite her crazy-busy week. In fact, she looked pretty in pink! (She showed up wearing a pink jacket, a dark pink shirt, and carrying a striped pink purse.) She claims it was because she missed the key "pink stage" during her formative years, but I think it's actually a very sophisticated marketing technique designed to lull would-be book buyers into forking over the cash for a copy of Generation Xhausted....

I also got to meet Kim at the Teen Health Centre event. Kim came up to me and told me that she was a faithful reader of my blog which, of course, totally made my day. (Thank you, Kim!)

And, tomorrow morning, I'll be having breakfast with my writer buddy Catherine before making the six hour drive back to Peterborough.

I'd better remember to charge my iPod so that I'll have my favorite tunes ready for the ride. I am totally loving my new Joni Mitchell CD (Dreamland). I think I listened to "Free Man in Paris" a half-dozen times on the way up here. I was in that kind of mood. Of course, I'm also still totally loving the new Sarah Harmer album (All of Our Names), pretty any of Sarah McLachlan's stuff (especially on days when I'm feeling blue/frustrated), and a lot of Alanis Morisette songs (a mix of her "angry young woman" stuff plus her more spiritual/grateful stuff).

I've created this Playlist that I call "Canuck Chicks in a Mellow Mood." The title is inspired by my book Canuck Chicks and Maple Leaf Mamas. It contains a lot of music that I listen to when I'm feeling melancholy, sad, or reflective. The most played tracks in the Playlist are "Fallen," "Stupid," and "Perfect Girl" by Sarah McLachlan; "Basement Apartment" and "Things to Forget" by Sarah Harmer; "Thank U" by Alanis Morisette; and "Free Man in Paris" by Joni Mitchell.

| posted by Ann D @ 3:40 PM