#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Riding the Happy Wave

Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Thought I'd take a moment to list the reasons why I'm riding the happy wave today:

1. The buffet unit for my office arrived yesterday and it has managed to swallow up a huge amount of office clutter. I feel positively zen-like and semi-organized. (Just don't look at the four file boxes of junk tucked in the corner of my office. I'm going to have to go through them and find a home for them soon -- just not yet.)

2. I drove past my friend Laura yesterday and decided to pull over and give her a drive-by hug. I'm sure I looked like a maniac pulling off this manoeuvre on a busy street, but it was totally worth it. It put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

3. I have a wonderful new assistant. She's working alongside my wonderful old assistant (old as in "been with me for a while," not old as in "over the hill"). My old assistant just got a fabulous new full-time job, so she's going to be working with me on a part-time basis. So, for once, I feel like I've got enough people helping me. (For a while there, I felt like I was drowning in a sea of administrivia, and, trust me, it was not a pretty scene.)

4. I have tickets for an upcoming Sarah Harmer concert. I adore Sarah Harmer! If you check out my iPod, you will see that I pretty much alternate between playing Sarah Harmer and Sarah McLachlan these days. So I am TOTALLY PUMPED about getting to see Sarah Harmer. And, best of all, she's coming to the town where I live. Woo hoo!!!

5. I am working on really cool assignments for Cottage Life and Every Baby magazine. I haven't done a lot of writing lately, so it feels great to be able to roll up my sleeves and dive into a couple of nice, juicy magazine assignments again. I am remembering how much I love to research and write -- all the more reason to continue to delegate my bookkeeping and other administrative stuff to my lovely and capable assistants!

| posted by Ann D @ 5:36 PM