#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Babies and Books (A Familiar Reprise)

Thursday, November 18, 2004
I had a rare opportunity to immerse myself in babies and books while I was in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

First, the baby report. I was invited to speak on the topic of Babies and Beyond to a very enthusiastic group of moms, dads, and grandmas-to-be at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. The hospital gave everyone who attended the lecture a free copy of my latest book The Mother of All Pregnancy Organizers, so I had the great pleasure of signing copies for everyone in attendance. I even got to sign a few copies for keener grandparents who are going to be giving copies of the book to daughters and daughters-in-law who are not yet pregnant. This could lead to some rather surprised faces as gifts are unwapped this holiday season, don't you think?

Now, on to books. This trip was also very much about books. Because I didn't have a working Internet connection, I found myself with more time for reading than I usually have, and more time for reflecting on the types of books that I want to write next. It seemed like the universe really wanted me to be mulling this stuff over. The folks at the hospital and at the Sise Inn where I was staying recommended a very cool restaurant called The Library Restaurant. When I walked through the front doors of the restaurant, I found myself dining in a four-star restaurant that featured wall to ceiling books. (Subtle, universe!)

| posted by Ann D @ 9:13 PM