#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Home Again

Thursday, November 18, 2004
I couldn't get the wireless Internet connection at my hotel to work with my old laptop, so I ended up being offline the whole time I was on the road. At first I was frustrated, but then I decided to make the most of the situation by reading two fabulous books about writing: Escaping into the Open: The Art of Writing True by Elizabeth Berg and The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writers by Betsy Lerner. (I'm not quite finished Betsy Lerner's book yet, but what I've read so far is amazing.)

I also took advantage of the opportunity to go shopping in Downtown Portsmouth, where I stumbled across a black purse with bright green polka dots that matches my favorite green jacket. (The name of the shop was called Serendipity, so I took that as a sign I was meant to buy the purse.)

I have a million things to do to catch up on the homefront, but I'll post more later.

| posted by Ann D @ 5:07 PM