#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

The Ingredients for a Really Good Parenting Website?

Tuesday, November 09, 2004
As regular readers of this blog know, I am working behind the scenes to develop the parent area of a website that will launch in conjunction with a new show for preschoolers. I want to make the parent area to be really fun and useful and to avoid the things that annoy parents most about other parenting websites. I'd love to have your input, so if you'd like to climb on your soapbox for a moment and have your say, the soapbox is yours for the taking. Here are a few of my comments, just to get you thinking.

Horrible stuff I won't be including:
- Preachy advice
- Advertorial content (e.g., articles that are really ads in disguise)
- Pop-ups that highjack your browser
- Too much super-cutesy kid stuff

Good stuff I will be including:
- Opportunities for parents to interact with one another
- Genuinely useful content
- Unique content (as opposed to the same stuff you find on every website
- Objective, well researched, well written articles

Do you think I'm on the right track?

| posted by Ann D @ 8:21 PM