#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Life's Little Surprise Packages

Monday, November 08, 2004
I found a lovely surprise in my mailbox this evening -- a copy of Living Juicy by Sark. The book was sent to me by my friend L.

This is L.'s typical modus operandi. Not only does she have the knack for picking out exactly the right gift: she has a knack for sending it along at just the right time -- on a day when my to do list is starting to take on a life of its own, my office looks like it has been ransacked, kid X won't stop picking fights with kid Y, and winter is starting to set in. (Just in case anyone else is keeping track, there are 196 days left until the start of the Victoria Day long weekend. I'm thinking it's too early to say, "Woo hoo.")

I hope you are similarly blessed by having an "L" or two in your life -- someone who is on the other end of the phone when you're having The Mother of All Less Than Wonderful Mondays, who spoils you terribly (even when you tell her she shouldn't), and who makes you feel like Queen of the Universe (even if you actually feel more like the Bride of Frankenstein!)

I've actually got a whole bunch of "L."'s in my life. Of course, they're not all named "L." That would get a bit confusing -- and ridiculous. I wish I could find the words to pay adequate tribute to my friends -- or the blog space to list all of their names. All I can say is that you know who you are (or at least I hope you know who you are!) and you rock my world in the most positive of ways. Thanks for being there for me on the days when I'm on top of the world and on the days when I need you to pour me coffee (or wine) -- or just to listen to me whine. :-)

Here's to my friends....

----{virtual toast!}----

| posted by Ann D @ 7:43 PM