#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Virtual Parenting -- The Sequel

Monday, November 01, 2004
This morning, I spoke to members of a Grade 11 parenting class at Crestwood Secondary School in Peterborough. I talked about "The Truth About Parenting" and then answered questions about my writing career. I certainly picked the right day to visit this class -- the day when the infant simulator doll (a.k.a. "fake baby") was going to be handed out for the first time. (Everyone in the class gets a chance to take care of the baby for two or three days during the remainder of the semester.) Well, these students were as excited as real-life expectant parents, wondering when they were going to "deliver," whether they were going to have a boy or a girl, etc. Thanks very much to teacher Carol Lemm and her very cool class for inviting me to be part of the fun.

| posted by Ann D @ 3:21 PM