#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Two Quotes

Wednesday, December 15, 2004
A friend gave me a copy of The Practice of Happiness by John Kehoe a few years ago. I read part of the book, but never finished it. (I don't think I was ready to read it at that point in my life.)

Today, I picked up the book and two quotations jumped out at me immediately:

"There are years that ask questions and there are years that answer."
- Zora Neale Hurston

"It is not until the later stages of our life that we look back and see that everything had a purpose and meaning."
- Joseph Campbell


I think I'm living through one of those times in my life when I'm asking a lot of questions and learning a lot of important life lessons. (Some days, I feel like I'm enrolled in the PhD programme in the School of Hard Knocks!) And I have learned to have faith that the stuff that doesn't make any sense to me right now will make sense down the road. (It's either that or allow life to drive me around the bend. And I hate that particular destination.)

| posted by Ann D @ 6:18 PM