#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Changing Lanes

Wednesday, January 19, 2005
I used to work at a frenzied -- dare I say manic? -- pace all the time. Now that I'm working at a much saner pace, I find I feel much calmer and much more satisfied with what I manage to accomplish over the course of a day.

It feels great to take some time for quiet, guilt-free reflection -- as opposed to waking up in the middle of the night with to do lists chisled into my brain. I never thought I'd be able to find my groove anywhere else but in the fast lane -- a thrilling yet exhausting place to live -- and yet I have. The middle lane is working out just fine.

I'm feeling quite reflective this week because this Friday marks the two-year anniversary of my Mom's death -- a landmark event in my life -- one that caused me to think about how I want to live my own life. I've made a lot of changes over the past two years, and I'm not finished my metamorphosis yet. In many ways, the metamorphosis is just beginning.

| posted by Ann D @ 7:27 PM