#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Ann Douglas, Girl Archeologist!

Saturday, February 26, 2005
I've spent the past four hours saving files from one folder to another in Word -- and I've barely begun the archeological dig that is involved in uncovering everything that I've squirreled away in electronic format over the past 10 years or so. Anything that I wrote before that time is no longer accessible to me electronically -- unless, of course, I want to figure out how to get the stuff on floppy disks into my CD drive. Frankly, I think that would give me a very bad headache. Besides, I've grown tremendously both as a writer and as a parent since I first started writing about parenting and pregnancy 17 years ago. I don't think that much of what I wrote back in the late 1980s would be useful to the world anymore -- except, perhaps, for The Mom Archives.

| posted by Ann D @ 8:37 PM