#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Blatchford on Teens

Monday, February 21, 2005
Christie Blatchford had some insightful comments to make on teenagers in Saturday's Globe.

She notes: "Caught between childhood and adulthood, teens are inherently mysterious. And to varying degrees, they all lie about their lives to their parents; it's almost a necessity as they begin the process of breaking away."

She wraps up the piece by reflecting on her own teen years and the impact that a caring, attentive parent can have on a teen: "I always knew, coming home past my curfew, that in the lobby of our apartment building, sitting in his pajamas on a crooked lawn chair, my dad would be waiting for me. I would have stayed out far later, and got in so much more trouble, had he not been there."

| posted by Ann D @ 11:01 AM