#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Home Again

Friday, February 25, 2005
I'm back home again after my whirlwind trip to Ottawa. I managed to squeeze in an interview with The Ottawa Sun right before my presentation at Success by Six.

The group I spoke to was terrific. People laughed at my jokes (even the really bad ones) and seemed to enjoy what I had to say. (I was talking about "The Secrets of Effective Parenting: What Calm and Confident Parents Know." Of course, I pointed out right at the start that there's no perfect all-knowing parent out there, although you might know someone who thinks he or she fits the bill!) :-)

After my presentation, I had the chance to reconnect with my friend and mentor Bobbi before heading off to the train station to hop the train back to Peterborough. (I got there about 10 minutes before the train left. I wanted to enjoy every minute in Ottawa!)

I discovered that I left a few items at the hotel, but the amazing staff in housekeeping are going to ship them to me. The only other other major faux pas I committed during my trip was mistaking body wash for conditioner in the shower one morning. That gave my hair a bit of a Rosanne Rosanna-Danna look. (I thought it was the dry winter air until I read the body wash bottle label a little more carefully the next morning. Then the frizzy hair suddenly made sense.)

| posted by Ann D @ 10:49 AM