#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

In Praise of Valentine's Day

Monday, February 07, 2005
I know it's not Valentine's Day for an entire week, but I'm already getting really excited. And it's not what you might think. Neil doesn't have plans to whisk me away for some night of passion at some country inn with a spa. Or at least I don't think he does. (Feel free to post in the comments section if you do, Neil.) It's just that Valentine's Day has always been a big deal for me. It was when I was growing up because my parents always made a point of giving us kids Valentine's treats to say, "I love you." And it is now because I always make a point of giving everyone in the family little gifts and cards to tell them how much they mean to me. I like having a holiday that's especially devoted to LOVE.

Yes, I'm hopelessly romantic. What can I say?

| posted by Ann D @ 8:08 PM