#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

The Random Quote Game

Wednesday, February 09, 2005
I decided to play a weird game with myself this afternoon because there was no one else to play with. Neil was at work, the kids were at school, and I was all alone in my lonely writer's garret. (It's actually nice and quiet and peaceful, with no co-workers to hog the photocopier or the stapler, so don't feel too sorry for me.) Anyway, I decided to play this game en route to coffee break. I grabbed five quotation books off my bookshelves, opened them at random, and picked the best quote from each randomly selected page. Here are the five quotes I picked.
1. "Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
- Wernher Von Braun

2. "Publishing a volume of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."
- Don Marquis, Sun Dial Time, 1936

3. "You never find yourself until you face the truth."
- Pearl Bailey

4. "'Fool,' said my muse to me, 'Look in thy heart and write.'"
- Sir Philip Sidney

5. "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
- Ella Fitzgerald

| posted by Ann D @ 2:42 PM