#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Time Travel

Tuesday, February 01, 2005
I'm borrowing this cool time travel idea from Freelance Mama who got it from Sassy Mama.

15 years ago today I would have been...
...a young mother at home with a two month old and a 21 month old;
...writing freelance for a few magazines and newspapers;
...living in a house with blue carpet.

10 years ago today I would have been...
...at home with a seven year old, a five year old, and a four year old;
...publishing a newsletter for parents and a newsletter for entrepreneurs;
...working on my first book proposal.

5 years ago today I would have been...
...the mother of four kids, ages 11, 9, 8, and 2;
...writing for a growing number of magazines and newspapers;
...working on my ninth book.

1 year ago today I would have been...
...the mother of four kids, ages 15, 13, 11, and 6;
...getting ready to do a Western Canada book tour in mid-February;
...checking the proofs for books 26 and 27.

This year I am...
...the mother of four kids, ages 16, 15, 13, and 7;
...sending out magazine pitches and proposals for other types of projects;
...gearing up for another round of book projects.

Yesterday I...
...hung out with my kids;
...sent a present to a friend;
...finished a magazine article;
...mentored a writer.

Today I...
...e-mailed some friends;
...worked on a column;
...worked on a proposal;
...will have coffee with a friend.

Tomorrow I...
...will tidy up my office (it needs it!);
...will send out more magazine story pitches;
...will finish a proposal I've been promising someone for far too long;
...will update my to do list.

| posted by Ann D @ 12:25 PM