#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Pregnancy after Infertility (article for WebMD)

Tuesday, April 19, 2005
I've been asked to write a short article on pregnancy after infertility for WebMD. I have an insanely tight deadline: I have to submit the piece by the end of the week. I am hoping to include a couple of comments from moms on the joys and challenges of pregnancy after infertility. You would need to be willing to be identified in the article (e.g., "Jane Doe, a Boston mother of one who is 26 weeks pregnant with her first child after five years of infertility treatments"). A pseudonmym is another possibility.

If you're interested in being interviewed, please e-mail me so that I can send you the questions ASAP. The questions will focus on why pregnancy can be an emotional rollercoaster ride for women who become pregnant after struggling with either primary or secondary infertility.

Note: Just as a bit of background, I experienced PCOS prior to conceiving my first child. Then, after my third child was born, I experienced both a miscarriage and a stillbirth before giving birth to my youngest child. So I've had some first-hand experience with the simultaneous joy/panic reaction that can come with seeing the pregnancy test come back positive and wondering if it's too good to be true.

---------

Postscript on Thursday morning: I think I have enough moms to interview at this point, and I need to start writing the piece this afternoon. Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I'm still responding to some of the e-mails I received. If you e-mailed me and you don't hear back from me by noon today, could you please re-send your e-mail? Thanks.

Also: I'm going to be looking for moms to interview for some upcoming book projects very soon. Stay tuned!

| posted by Ann D @ 9:25 PM