#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

From "Pregnancy Brain" to "Laptop Brain"

Tuesday, May 10, 2005
You know how forgetful you can get when you're pregnant -- something scientists attribute to either pregnancy hormones or a preoccupation with everything that's going on inside your body?

Well, I am suffering from a condition that's similar to the much-talked-about "pregnancy brain" -- "laptop brain".

I was so fixated on my computer-related woes that I dashed out the door this morning and, without thinking, armed the home security system.

Normally, this is the right thing to do, but I had overlooked a small but important detail: my teenage daughter is home from school today, sick with a head cold. So, sure enough, when she came out of her room to use the bathroom, she set off the security system.

Looking on the bright side, I bet this is the last time she'll want to stay home from school with anything less than bubonic plague.

| posted by Ann D @ 11:57 AM