#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Coming Out of the Closet

Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Last night, I decided I had no choice but to empty some clothes out of my bedroom closet. I think it's been at least a year since I did this and I could no longer squish all my clothes in the closet at the same time if, by some miracle, I happened to be all caught up on the laundry. So I went on a glorious closet cleaning frenzy inspired in part by my friend Katherine Gibson's book Unclutter Your Life. I managed to gather up two large bags of clothing, which I dropped off at a local charity this morning. And I found a couple of really cool outfits that I had forgotten I even owned, including the jean skirt that I'm wearing this morning.

And here's the coolest part: I thought the jean skirt was going to be too tight to wear because it's in a smaller size than what's fit me for a while, but I was able to put it on with ease. I've been losing weight for a while, but it's one thing to see the numbers going down on the scale. It's quite another thing to see the zipper going up on a skirt. Yeah, me!

| posted by Ann D @ 10:48 AM