#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

I am really missing The Real CBC

Thursday, September 22, 2005
What keeps coming through my radio is either recycled CBC stuff I've heard before or flavourless filler that's being aired in place of the CBC that I love so much.

I have been (obsessively) checking out CBC Unplugged for updates on the negotiations. Apparently, the CBC has requested a news blackout on the negotiations, so I guess we won't be hearing much for a while.

I totally support the position that the Periodical Writers Association of Canada (Canada's national association for freelance writers) took in backing the locked out workers: "PWAC supports the aims of the Canadian Media Guild to gain better pay rates and working conditions for journalists at the CBC, both full-time and freelancers." Divide and conquer strategies that try to pit full-time writer/broadcasters against freelancers are very short-sighted. We're all creators, and if one group of creators are been stomped upon, we're all the more vulnerable. So all Canadian creators who care about quality writing/broadcasting need to link arms with our brothers and sisters of the CMG and let them know that we support them.

I just wish I could buy a t-shirt that says "Where is the Real CBC?" I would wear it proudly to show my support for the many broadcasters, producers, writers, technicians, and other CBC workers I've had the privilege of getting to know over the years, and who are currently locked out, due to the labour dispute.

The CBC isn't the CBC without them.

| posted by Ann D @ 1:30 PM