#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Happy Writer Moment

Monday, October 31, 2005
Some meetings that I was supposed to go to next week have been cancelled. This means that I have an extra two days of writing time freed up in my schedule. I can't tell you how happy I am. I feel like jumping up and down. I am totally over the moon!

The sleep book writing is going really, really well these days. I've handed in about 75,000 words (what should be the entire manuscript, if I wasn't Little Ms. Wordy). But I've thought of so many things that need to be said on this subject, so I'm going to be going on for another 25,000 words (my word quota, according to she who controls the word budget). I've handed in five very large and juicy chapters. I'm down to the last four chapters, which will be smaller, but very meaty and information packed; plus the appendices (mostly finished) and my introduction and table of contents (which I always love putting together). I am feeling really good about writing and life, and this book in particular. I think it's going to say some new and different things, and summarize a lot of really important parent wisdom about sleep -- insights that I gained while hanging out with the very wise sleep book panel members.

I'll have a lot more to say about the book during the months ahead, but for now, I'm just feeling oh-so-good, loving my writer-life, and savoring that feeling.

| posted by Ann D @ 2:46 PM