#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Momspiration, the Sequel

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
The other day, I linked to the blog of a mom whose blog I found totally inspiring. Since that time, I've been thinking about all the moms I find really inspiring, and what it is about them that inspires me.

For one thing, I am totally inspired by the way that mothers can move mountains. Sometimes it's because they want to; more often, it's because they have to. They discover that there's a terrible injustice being done or that the system is broken, and every fibre in their bodies tells them that they have to do something about it.

I'm also inspired by the ability that mothers have to love and forgive -- and how this carries over into the social justice work that many mothers do, in their families, in their communities, and around the world.

What inspires you about the mothers you know? How has motherhood changed you as a person? What have you learned from other mothers?

| posted by Ann D @ 10:09 AM