#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

It's a Book Tour Stop -- For Andi....

Monday, November 07, 2005
book cover
I'm one of today's official book tour stops on Andi Buchanan's It's a Boy virtual book tour. It's getting late, I've had a long and stressful day, and I was up until 4:30 am last night writing, but there aren't very many things I wouldn't do for the truly wonderful Andi Buchanan, so I promised myself I'd get something up in the blog before I called it a night.

It's a Boy is a collection of inspired and thought-provoking essays about motherhood, from the perspective of women who are raising boys. Having been raised in an all-girl family during my growing up years, I'm still trying to make sense of the world of boys (especially why body humor seems to be universally funny to the male species, regardless of their age).

What I love about this collection of essays is that it sidesteps the schmaltzy and it surprises the reader with the unexpected, like Jennifer Margulis' incredibly honest account of how she was able to heal from her abortion after the birth of her son.

Some of my other favorite mother-writers have contributed other essays to this collection.

The companion book to this collection -- It's a Girl contains something I wrote. It was a privilege and a pleasure to work with Andi on that essay, so I just want to wish her all the success in the world with both her "Boy" and her "Girl." She so deserves it.

| posted by Ann D @ 10:03 PM