#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Something That Made Me Feel Warmer Than Two Cups of Coffee

Thursday, November 17, 2005
I had the nicest thing happen to me this morning at Starbucks.

I just had to tell someone, so, what the heck, I'll tell my favourite blogistas. (That's you guys.)

First of all, the nasty part.

I went into Starbucks and this woman was being unbelievably RUDE to some of my favourite Starbucks baristas. She cut into line and then started harassing the manager about when they were going to get more of her favourite blend of bold coffee. (Bold indeed, lady.) Anyway, the manager was her usual pleasant and classy self. I, meanwhile, was giving the witch in question the evil eye. When the woman left, I told the Starbucks manager I was this close to having to take the woman down on her behalf. That made her laugh.

Anyway, they had run out of Venti cups (I know!) so they gave me two tall cups instead. Just as I was about to leave the store, I spotted this gorgeous, dark green mug that was begging to find a home amidst my office clutter. So I picked it up and took it over to the cash register and handed the manager some cash.

She wrapped up the mug, popped it a bag, and handed it to me.

Then she gave me my money back and said, "Merry Christmas."

| posted by Ann D @ 10:34 AM