#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Truth in Parenting Writing

Tuesday, November 08, 2005
This thread kind of picks up where I left last night before I went to bed. I've been thinking all night about Jennifer Margulis' powerful essay in Andi Buchanan's new collection Andi Buchanan's It's a Boy.

I was thinking about why I love the way Jennifer writes. It's because her writing is raw and honest, and because she dares to take chances with her work. She puts herself out there, both personally and emotionally. Sometimes she generates some controversy as she did when her own children's school banned sales of her book Toddler: Real-Life Stories of Those Fickle, Irrational, Urgent Tiny People We Love at a school fundraiser. (Ouch!) But that just means she's hitting a bit of a nerve with people -- saying things that make them a little uncomfortable at times. In other words, being honest. That's why she's such a terrific writer, in my opinion.

| posted by Ann D @ 7:49 AM