#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Hope, Love, and Charity

Monday, December 12, 2005
I'm going to start answering the book publishing questions tonight, but I couldn't resist telling you this story about what my eight year old said to me on his way to school this morning. (So, yes, the book publishing thread gets interrupted for an I-love-my-kid story. It's my right as a mommy blogger.) :-)

Anyway, we're driving across town and he starts rattling the bag of change he keeps stashed away in the back seat. (It's under $5 worth of change, burglars, so don't get too excited.)

Then he says to me:

"I want to give some money to people who really need it, so can you give my bag of change to the Starvation Army if you see them today?"

Well, that just about melted my heart -- both the fact that he's thinking about other people at this time of year, and the fact that he didn't get the name of the charity quite right.

My kid is awesome.

| posted by Ann D @ 2:19 PM