#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Surprise in the Box!

Monday, December 12, 2005
If you're hungry and you swing by our place looking for a snack, don't open the box of Quaker Oatmeal Crisp Apple cereal in the garage.

It contains a frozen rat.

Not just any rat, mind you -- Lydia, the recently deceased pet of my teenage daughter. (Lydia, who is infamous for murdering two of her former roommates -- ratmates, not humans -- passed away sometime today.)

The whole thing creeps me out, but not as much as the fact that we'll be having the funeral on my birthday tomorrow -- a day when my husband is heading off to Texas, leaving me alone with four kids....

He has no choice -- it's a business trip -- but it really does suck, my being left at home to bury a frozen dead rat on my birthday, don't you think?

| posted by Ann D @ 10:33 PM