#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

MIA: One Social Life

Tuesday, January 10, 2006
I just realized I accidentally stood up a friend over the holidays because I was too busy writing to check my voice mail messages. For all I know, my friend Janet is still sitting in Starbucks, waiting for me to show up -- two weeks after the fact.

I also dropped the ball completely when it came to calling my friend Darlene to arrange a separate coffee rendezvous.

I didn't have time to drop by Lisa's house.

My Christmas cards didn't get addressed and I have only opened three Christmas cards so far.

It's amazing I have any friends left at all. (If, in fact, I do.)

I think I'm going to have to throw a huge, giant grovelfest at my place once I finish writing Mealtime Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler in a few weeks' time. I'll have to invite any friends I have left to come over so that I can fete them with yummy things like pureed baby food h'ors d'hoevres and let them know how much I've missed them and how badly I feel about falling off the planet for the past six months or so.

That is if I still have any friends left come February.

Sometimes I wonder about that.

| posted by Ann D @ 3:53 PM