#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Reading Up on My Audio Book's Narrator -- Kate Reading!

Thursday, February 02, 2006
ImageI got a copy of The Mother of All Pregnancy Books Audio Book today. (It's brand new: it just came out last week.) This makes the book accessible to a whole new audience: women who aren't big on reading or who are too busy to read or who like to "read" while they are doing other things. They can load it the book into their iPods or pop it into their CD players and listen to the book at the gym or while they're on their way to work.

It's really interesting and weird to hear my book being read by someone else. Weird and cool and freaky and fun. So I decided to do some research on the narrator. (Yes, I am obsessive about everything. Thank you for asking.) The narrator, Kate Reading, has narrated more than 200 audiobooks (including books by Judy Blume, Erma Bombeck, Sophie Kinsella, Fannie Flagg, Jane Green, Barbara Taylor Bradford, Patricia Cornwell, Louisa May Alcott, Pearl S. Buck, and Anne Rice). And she was named a Voice of the Century by AudioFile magazine. (What's really interesting is that she reads under a couple of different names. Isn't Kate Reading the perfect name for a narrator, incidentally?

Now back to the final sprint on Mealtime Solutions. By the way, I've updated my book list information page to reflect all my new and forthcoming books. Check it out when you have time. I don't think I've had a chance to tell you about the new edition of Body Talk. (I'll get to that one day soon.)

And I still have to add info to the page about my anthology contributions for 2006. That will have to wait until another day.

| posted by Ann D @ 8:21 PM