#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

The Sociology of Snow

Thursday, February 16, 2006
I think that some sociologist should do a study comparing the number of school bus cancellations and snow days in the 1970s vs. today. I only remember having a few snow days growing up, but my kids have had at least four snow days this winter, including today. Have you noticed that, too?

And while we're talking snow days, here's something else that's on my mind. The next time I sign a book contract, I am going to ask that they add a snow day contract clause, which gives me extra days of writing time to make up for each snow day. I think I'm going to have to suggest this to some of my buddies in The Writers' Union of Canada, The Professional Writers' Association of Canada, The American Society of Journalists and Authors, and The Authors' Guild.

| posted by Ann D @ 8:42 AM