#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Operation Healthier You

Monday, March 13, 2006
Anyone want to join me in setting some health goals for themselves? It's not a diet challenge, weight-loss challenge, exercise challenge, or anything competitive. It's all about setting achievable, measurable health goals for yourself and lining up some buddy support. As moms, we often do a great job of being our family's health caretakers, but we neglect our own health along the way.

I've got one buddy on board -- she can "out herself" if she wants to! I'm posting my progress over here. I need to get back on track after being in the book writing insanity zone for too many months and totally neglecting fitness. (I've still got my baby toe in that crazy place, as I continue to make my way through the final chapters of author review (the "speak now or forever hold your peace" stage of reviewing your manuscript), but I'm almost "sprung" and will finally have the opportunity to make myself more of a priority in my own life. (How insane does that sound?) My specific short-term goals are

1. plan meals ahead of time -- as opposed to living a "just in time" mealtime preparation lifestyle (not the healthiest)
2. drink lots of water every day
3. figure out how to fit exercise back into my life in a fun, sustainable way
4. not snack in the evenings.

I'm not going to blog about this over here anymore because I don't want to bore people to death who aren't interested in joining in Operation Healthier You. The rest of this discussion will take place over here.

| posted by Ann D @ 12:41 PM