#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Funky Junk

Tuesday, July 04, 2006
We're one week into the summer break in my part of the country, which means that some kids are going to be getting pretty antsy and some parents are going to be getting pretty desperate right about now.

If you've got a school-aged child and you're looking for a really terrific activity book (one that's kept my eight-year-old entertained for over a week, with no end in sight), might I recommend Funky Junk. You'll have to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up nuts, bolts, wire and other assorted "junk," but that's a small price to pay for hours and hours of fun and entertainment. You also end up with some really neat stuff.

I wish I'd managed to take a close-up shot of the necklace the six-year-old girl who visited our cottage on the weekend made for herself. Her mom wore it for most of the weekend and it looked very chic. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar selling for $30 in a Queen Street West boutique.

| posted by Ann D @ 2:32 PM