#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Will That Be "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I picked up an extra phone for the office at Canadian Tire the other day, so that my new assistant, Florence, would have a phone for her desk. (Up until then, we'd been sharing the same phone, which was kind of awkward.)

Anyway, the first time Florence put someone on hold, the phone started playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" to entertain the caller on hold.

We've since discovered that the phone also plays 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'.

I imagine it also plays other songs, but we're too scared to use the hold button now. We can only play with this feature after hours, for fear of traumatizing any other clients.

I don't know who picked the music for this phone (I didn't even realize the phone had a built in "music on hold" feature until the first time it started playing music), but I'm imagining the "music on hold" programmer has since moved on to the karaoke machine business.

| posted by Ann D @ 9:53 AM