#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Birthday Parties

Sunday, October 01, 2006
Andrea Gordon's birthday party article tackles the ebb and flow of birthday party excess. (Thankfully, the tide is a bit lower than it was a few years back, judging by what I've seen lately, which is what I told Andrea when she interviewed me for this story a week or two ago.)

We got away with taking six kids bowling for a ninth birthday bash last week, and none of the kids/parents involved seemed to be traumatized or scandalized. If I'd had my way, we'd have stayed home and had a collage birthday party or a book swap birthday party -- but those two ideas didn't score big points with my son. Guess I'll have to throw myself my own birthday party this year so I can use up what I thought were really fun birthday party ideas. (Ahem.) Andrea has a spillover discussion on the art of the birthday party over at her blog, if you want to check it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Technorati tags:

| posted by Ann D @ 2:49 PM