#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Dinosaurs vs. Mothers

Sunday, October 15, 2006
Here's another one of those "I can't go to bed before I post this link" links. This one is about dinosaur-like employment policies that discriminate against mothers. I found it via MUBAR.

When it's not really late and the pregnancy book revisions aren't going swimmingly (I know better than to stop and blog when I'm on a writing roll), I'll write something semi-intelligent about some of the stupid things going on up here in Canada that should have anyone who cares about things like women's issues or the ability of "the little guy" to launch court challenges to uphold rights under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I'm talking about things like funding cuts to women's groups -- including the most high-profile women's group in this country and funding cuts to the Court Challenges Program of Canada. (More on the program.)

Sometimes I can't believe what I hear on the news these days. Next thing you know, we'll all be dressing like 1950s housewives, complete with these vintage aprons and carrying retro handbags.....

Nah. As fun as it might be to play dress up, it will be even more fun to beat the dinosaurs at their own game.

We've got the advantage after all.

| posted by Ann D @ 11:24 PM