#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Card Tricks

Wednesday, December 06, 2006
The great thing about opening Christmas cards is that you have the chance to find out everyone's news. I just found out that my friend Sharon published a computer textbook and that my friend Gord proposed to my friend Angie -- and she said yes (but they haven't set a date for the wedding). I also got to enjoy some of Josie's artwork.

The thing is -- everything is a year out of date, which means I'm a year out of date. You see, I'm finally opening that daunting stack of holiday cards that arrived when I was feeling snowed under by last winter's back-to-back book projects -- cards that, despite my best intentions, remained unopened until now. I spent tonight opening those cards, catching up on everyone's news, and updating my address book in anticipation of sending out cards (and possibly letters) this year.

| posted by Ann D @ 11:42 PM