#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Police Evidence Markings on My Office Window

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


I'm back in my office this morning. There are some police evidence markings on my office window (the intruder attempted to open this window, but to no avail). There's also a lot of broken glass on the driveway and in the basement. There are remnants of blood somewhere. I haven't gone downstairs to investigate where. I figured I'd leave that until after I'd done some writing.

Right now, I'm feeling grateful that nothing was stolen, the damage was minor, and that I am not struggling with a life of addiction or poverty that forces me to steal from other people in order to get through each day. Instead, I have the ability to use the gifts I have been given -- time, money, ideas, words, and passion -- to try to make the world a better place for those who have lost hope, faith, and a belief that life can be anything than what it is right now.

| posted by Ann D @ 9:49 AM