#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Doing the Compassionate Thing for Parents of Stillborn Babies

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
I was looking for a special way to mark my three year blogging anniversary, which falls today, May 2nd. That special way came my way via an email from my friend Lori, who wanted me to know about this video.

As a stillbirth mother and a woman whose life and whose family members' lives were forever changed by the passing of a tiny baby girl 10 1/2 years ago, I fully support the message behind the M.I.S.S. Foundation's campaign to provide a birth certificate to the parents of stillborn babise. As Joanne Cacciatore states in the video: this is not a complex issue; this is the compassionate thing to do.

I hope you will invest the four minutes required to watch this video. You will learn a lot about what it means to lose a child through stillbirth -- a lesson that the stillbirth parents interviewed in the video say they hope you will never have to experience first-hand.

Labels: ,

| posted by Ann D @ 11:47 PM