#main #menu { position: absolute; right: 21px; }

Girlfriend Power

Friday, August 17, 2007
I've had some fabulous cottage visitors lately (and for once I'm not talking mice):

  • my high-school friend Cathy, whose two daughters have come up with entirely new rules for Monopoly;

  • three blogging buddies and their lovely daughters: Marla and Josie, Andrea and Frances, and Jen and her daughter, who looks like a half-height version of Jen.

  • It's been great to be in the company of so many females -- young and, ahem, slightly more mature. My own female offspring is nineteen and busy working, which leaves me almost exclusively in the company of boys this summer. I hadn't realized how much I was craving some serious estrogen immersion. Ahhh. That feels better.

    Note about the photo: WOMAN'S LIFE: A 1944 issue of a woman's magazine that Marla brought up to the cottage. We tried the "Does he love you quiz" and read articles such as "Unwed schoolgirl mothers," "Build a business personality that wins," "My first baby at 35," "You can marry the man you want," "Your plan for a pleasing appearance," and "I'm shy no more."

    Labels: ,

    | posted by Ann D @ 3:03 PM